Modo Yoga Level 1 Online Teacher Training
Thank you for your interest in taking the Modo Yoga Teacher Training! We are excited to be offering our Level 1 training in this new online format to support community and personal growth during this time. You can find answers to frequently asked questions below.
1) When does the training start and what does the schedule look like?
This teacher training will begin on Monday, May 18th at 9am EST. It will wrap up on Friday, June 19th at 5pm EST. The training spans five weeks, from Monday to Friday each week, and requires 6 on-screen hours each day.
9am - 10am
Asana, 60 min Modo
10am - 10:30am
10:30am - 12:30pm
12:30pm - 2:30pm
Lunch / Break
2:30pm - 5pm
Starting on May 25th, you will also be required to dedicate one evening every week to a 2 hour Practice Teaching session. These sessions will take place between 7pm and 9pm EST each week, and you will be with a small, assigned group each time.
2) What Are The Benefits Of An Online Training Format?
We are excited to be offering our first-ever online teacher training for the Modo Yoga Level 1 Teacher Training!
We understand that the ability to take 1 month away from home can be unrealistic due to familial or professional responsibilities. This new format gives trainees the ability to participate in the training without having to completely remove themselves from other responsibilities or commitments.
- Participating in the intensive portion of the Level 1 Teacher Training from the comfort of your own home
- Reduced number of lecture and practice hours per day
- Notravel and accommodation costs
The Modo Yoga Level 1 Teacher Training has been offered for more than 15 years now, and we are confident that with this new online format we will be able to replicate the unique, powerful, and educational experience of this training.
3) What Subjects Are Covered During The Online Lectures?
The content covered will be the same as our in person Teacher Training, with some adjustments to ensure that the experience is easy to understand through an online platform. A full description of our Teacher Training curriculum can be found here.
4) Are You Required To Attend Lectures In Real Time?
Yes. Live attendance is mandatory for all lectures. Creating community connections is one of the most important aspects of the Modo YogaTeacher Training. Coming together in real time to learn and share a common experience is an aspect of the Training that we want to continue to facilitate through our online format.
5) What If I Do Not Live in an EST Time Zone? Eastern Standard Time Is Not Accessible to Me.
It is our intention to make the teacher training as accessible as possible for our community world-wide. We will make acceptions on a case by case basis. If you are living outside of North America, please reach out to our Teacher Training Manager, Sarah. We will work together to find an alternate arrangement, through a combination of live and recorded content, so that every trainee has a positive training experience.
6) How Much Is The Tuition?
In order to make this training as Accessible as possible, we are offering this training at a reduced rate of $4000 CAD + tax ($2900 USD). We have 2 options for payment:
- Pay In Full: upon acceptance, if you pay for your training upfront, you will receive a 15% discount. This will bring your total tuition cost to $3400 CAD + tax ($2400 USD).
- Payment Plan: We are also offering an 8 month payment plan. The full tuition ($4000 CAD/$2825 USD) will be broken down into 8 monthly or 16 biweekly payments which will be automatically charged until the total is paid. For more information on what your monthly payment would be (based on tax rates for your location on residence) please reach out to our Teacher Training Manager, Sarah, directly.
* Training Tuition includes all live lectures, access to all lecture recordings, your practice teaching time, the distance learning portion of the training, and access to Modo Yoga Online.
7) What Is The Distance Learning Program?
The Distance Learning Program begins as soon as the Online Teacher Training is over. Over the course of 11 months, each trainee will complete 10 projects that further their understanding of Modo Yoga's 6 Pillars. These projects may include, but are not limited to:
- practice teaching
- book reports
- 30-day challenges
Creativity is encouraged, and trainees can even invent their own projects with the approval of their Peer Support Guide (PSG)—a senior teacher from the Modo Yoga community who supports new teachers through the Distance Learning Program.
This aspect of the Training is truly unique to Modo Yoga. This continued post-training support allows trainees to actively engage with new concepts and further integrate this learning into their teaching.
8) Will You Still Be Offering Scholarships For Online Teacher Training?
Yes! We will still be offering our Be Peace and Be Accessible Scholarships. Please read this article to learn more about our Scholarship offerings and information on how to apply.
9) Is A Recommendation From My Local Studio Owner Required? Do I Need To Live Near a Modo Yoga studio?
A recommendation from a studio owner is not required to participate in the Level 1 Teacher Training. Many people have completed the 500-hour teacher training in a region that doesn't have a local Modo Yoga studio. However, part of the Distance Learning Program includes teaching classes to small groups of people and asking them for feedback. Whether you have access to a Modo Yoga studio or not, you are required to create your own opportunities to teach such practice classes.
10) Are Teaching Opportunities Guaranteed After I Complete The Training?
All trainees are responsible for finding their own teaching opportunities. Completion of the Modo Yoga Teacher Training does not guarantee that you will be hired—or given other opportunities to teach—at a Modo Yoga (or any other) studio.
If you are hoping to teach at your local Modo Yoga studio, we suggest that you speak to your studio owners directly prior to attending the teacher training. Communication and planning will ensure that expectations are clear for both the studio owners and the new teacher (i.e. You!). Please consider that they may not be in a position to offer a teaching position at their studio.
11) Is the Modo Level 1 Teacher Training Yoga Alliance Certified?
Yes! Upon completion of the mandatory online lectures and the 11 month Distance Learning Program of the Modo Yoga Teacher Training, you will be eligible to apply for a 500 hour Yoga Alliance certification.
12) How Do I Submit My Application?
Please complete THIS FORM to apply.
NOTE: a non-refundable deposit of $50 CAD ($36 USD) is required to process your application. The link to purchase this deposit is on the application form. You can expect to hear back from our team in 3-5 business days after your application is submitted.
Still Have Questions?
Please email our Teacher Support Coordinator, Sophie, at email@example.com.